Le Relais is a day shelter operated by the Lake O’Hara Trails Club, in cooperation with Lake O’Hara Lodge and Parks Canada. The Club operates Le Relais as a service to area visitors, and as such, our goal is to keep it revenue neutral – that is to to say we try to break even. We welcome donations in support of our trail projects, you will see a donation box by the front door.
It is a friendly and welcoming arrival point for visitors to the Lake O’Hara area, and is staffed daily from 8:30am to 6:30pm during the summer. Visit Le Relais to find:
- Reasonably priced coffee, tea and snacks. (Try the carrot cake if you get there before it’s gone!)
- Lake O’Hara Trail Maps. Lake O’Hara Trails Club and Parks Canada have subsidized the production of a trail map, and these are available for free or by donation. A more detailed map with trail descriptions is also available for purchase.
- Lake O’Hara Trails Club membership information and sign-up
- Trail, weather and wildlife information
- The annual Lake O’Hara Trails Club T-shirt
Please note that all sales are by cash only and $US at par, so plan ahead!
The staff are friendly and knowledgeable about the area, and would be happy to chat with you about your visit!